To utilize Please Share to boost engagement with company posts on Twitter, you will need to add your Twitter handle (aka "feed"). This is a simple process and only takes a minute or two.
Add a Twitter Handle to Please Share
Follow these steps to get started:
1. Log into Please Share and select Feeds from the left-hand menu.
2. On the top right-hand side of the Manage Feeds page, select the Add New Source button.
3. From the popup window that appears, select Twitter.
4. You will be directed to a Twitter page where you will be asked Authorize permission for Please Share to use your account to pull updates for a specific Twitter handle.
5. Upon authorizing your Twitter account (with Please Share), you will be directed back to a popup message within the Please Share app. Simply add your Twitter handle – including the “@” symbol – and then select the Slack channel where you want new updates to appear.
6. Administrators can designate a time frame for when tweets should be removed from the Slack channel – if at all. We leave this up to you to decide but believe it’s a best practice to set a schedule to remove posts from Slack after a few days. Doing so keeps your team focused on the latest engagement requests.
7. Choose the Slack notification type that should appear with new posts. @channel notifies everyone – who follows the channel – when a new post arrives, @here only notifies those who are actively using Slack and, as the name suggests, None does not notify the channel.
8. Finally, toggle the Send to Slack button to the “on” position. Doing so will begin looking for new Twitter posts and sending them to Slack. The initial post may take up to 15 minutes to appear.
Once configured and turned on, Please Share will begin fetching new Twitter posts and sending them to a designated Slack channel. When a Tweet appears in Slack, it will look something like this...